Question Upgraded System Does not Boot - Running out of ideas

Jan 15, 2021
I have bought new parts to upgrade my computer. Once installed power comes on, everything seems normal for a couple of seconds then the VGA light comes on and the system goes on "standby"
There is nothing ever posted on the monitor but the monitor does wake up from sleep mode and stays black.
Have to hard reboot everytime.
Everything seemed to be compatible with the research I have done before buying.

I have tried;
reseating gpu/cpu/ram
clear cmos
update the bios via usb
using one stick of ram and changing slots
everything disconnected from motherboard besides the strict minimum
unplugged and re-plugged every connector multiple times
Tried another monitor and tried HDMI and DVI
If i put my old motherboard/cpu/ram everything is fine.
RMA'd the motherboard thinking it had to be that since the gpu is good, same thing happens with new motherboard.
Power supply is good since my old setup needs way much power.
Can't test with integrated gpu since this cpu doesn't have one.

I do not have other ram or gpu to test, although I highly doubt it's the gpu since it works fine in the old setup. Ram is supposed to be supported and since it's the gpu led the lights up, I also don't think it's the problem. Ram light comes on when the ram is removed.

new parts;
Asus Z490-A Gaming Motherboard
I5 10400F cpu
HyperX 32gb(2x16gb) DDR4 2666 HX426C16FB3K2/32
Evo 212 heatsink

old setup;
Asus Crosshair V Formula
FX 8350
12gb (3x4gb) DDR3
Evo 212 heatsink
RX 580 8GB
Silverstone OP850 powersupply

Still using same power supply, GPU and SSD from previous build.

Im at a lost right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 15, 2021
I have tried booting with and without SSD installed, nothing changes. I can't even make it to bios, screen is always black with the VGA LED light on the motherboard being solid white.

Jan 15, 2021
Small update.
Submitted a support ticket to Asus, they told me to RMA the board. So for the second time I will be sending it back to get a new one.
Hopefully It was a bad batch the the third works.

Jan 13, 2021
I have bought new parts to upgrade my computer. Once installed power comes on, everything seems normal for a couple of seconds then the VGA light comes on and the system goes on "standby"
There is nothing ever posted on the monitor but the monitor does wake up from sleep mode and stays black.
Have to hard reboot everytime.
Everything seemed to be compatible with the research I have done before buying.

I have tried;
reseating gpu/cpu/ram
clear cmos
update the bios via usb
using one stick of ram and changing slots
everything disconnected from motherboard besides the strict minimum
unplugged and re-plugged every connector multiple times
Tried another monitor and tried HDMI and DVI
If i put my old motherboard/cpu/ram everything is fine.
RMA'd the motherboard thinking it had to be that since the gpu is good, same thing happens with new motherboard.
Power supply is good since my old setup needs way much power.
Can't test with integrated gpu since this cpu doesn't have one.

I do not have other ram or gpu to test, although I highly doubt it's the gpu since it works fine in the old setup. Ram is supposed to be supported and since it's the gpu led the lights up, I also don't think it's the problem. Ram light comes on when the ram is removed.

new parts;
Asus Z490-A Gaming Motherboard
I5 10400F cpu
HyperX 32gb(2x16gb) DDR4 2666 HX426C16FB3K2/32
Evo 212 heatsink

old setup;
Asus Crosshair V Formula
FX 8350
12gb (3x4gb) DDR3
Evo 212 heatsink
RX 580 8GB
Silverstone OP850 powersupply

Still using same power supply, GPU and SSD from previous build.

Im at a lost right now. Any help would be appreciated.

i used to have the same issue , my problem was put pc case power switch in wrong position in motherboard system panel , since you change a brand new motherboard , could be a chance you made this kinda mistake

Jan 15, 2021
Update:
After the third RMA that Asus told me to do, the exact same problem occurs.
I was able to stop by a local computer shop and buy the cheapest used video card they had to see if it was actually a problem with the gpu not working with this motherboard for some odd reason.

Installed the video card and boots to bios no problem, tried mine again and white VGA light comes on and nothing. put the cheap video card back and and it works. I tried not plugging the hdmi cable on that video card and i get exactly the same problem as with my video card, the VGA light comes on.

So the problem is with my video card, except it works flawlessly when in my old setup. It's like it doesn't detect a monitor plugged in when on my new motherboard.
any ideas on what I could do now? besides buying a new video card which is not exactly easy or cheap to do right now.

I have checked bios/firmware versions for my video card and I only find one release and it's the same already installed on the videocard.