[SOLVED] Upgraded to 1gigabit

vitaminjay

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Any leads to why why my download speed is throttling at 90-100mbps through a hardline connection? just upgraded to 1GIgabit with spectrum.. all my hardware is 1GIgabit compatible. Rewired my ports, all colors are wired where they need to be, port is cat6 compatible and also using a cat6 ethernet cable (have also tried other ethernet cables as well). My wifi is hitting 300-400mbps and that’s just by using my phone. Other parts of the house will cap at 800-900mbps with a hardline connection. Having an issue with just one room in the ground level of the house. Any help is appreciated for anyone who’s gone through this. 🙏🏼

Solution
Correct, just one jack in one room. Have repunched multiple times. Really hoping nothings wrong with the wire as I want to stick to believing there isn’t. It’s a 3 year old house and I really don’t want to drill through the walls just to see if the wire is okay throughout as I’m leaving this as my last resort.

thanks for the feedback Ralston18!
Since you have in-wall cabling, you need a basic network tester -- https://www.amazon.com/Klein-VDV526-052-Scout-Junior-Tester/dp/B004CI9NRM

Ralston18

Titan
Just one jack in one room?

Take a close look at the terminations on both ends. (Wall jack and patch panel.)

Even though the colors are correct, the physical connection may be weak.

Repunch.

Otherwise there may be a problem with the cable run itself: kinked, crushed, damaged (rodent chew, nail, staple...). Trace the wire run as closely and as safely as you can.

vitaminjay

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Just one jack in one room?

Take a close look at the terminations on both ends. (Wall jack and patch panel.)

Even though the colors are correct, the physical connection may be weak.

Repunch.

Otherwise there may be a problem with the cable run itself: kinked, crushed, damaged (rodent chew, nail, staple...). Trace the wire run as closely and as safely as you can.

Correct, just one jack in one room. Have repunched multiple times. Really hoping nothings wrong with the wire as I want to stick to believing there isn’t. It’s a 3 year old house and I really don’t want to drill through the walls just to see if the wire is okay throughout as I’m leaving this as my last resort.

kanewolf

Titan

Since you have in-wall cabling, you need a basic network tester -- https://www.amazon.com/Klein-VDV526-052-Scout-Junior-Tester/dp/B004CI9NRM

Reactions: vitaminjay
Solution