Upgraded to GTX 1050ti and Online Games are Clipping

jlbranstetter

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
I have an AMD 8350 Processor and just upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1050ti from my old GTX 660ti. I wiped the driver with a driver wiper software and downloaded the most recent drivers from Nvidia and when I play overwatch or any online game now my game with clip or lag out, this happens about every 10 sec or so.

I have a pretty cheap wireless card but my computer hasn't been moved in a new position since installing the new card or anything. My 660ti pulls it's power from the power source as where the 1050ti pulls from the Motherboard. I am thinking that possibly I need to hardwire because the motherboard is over working?...but I don't want to buy a 25-40ft cord and not solve the problem.

HALP PLEASE!

Solution
It's your internet connection or adapter. Had the same issue with rubber banding effect with bf1, switched adapter and it was fixed. Also wifi is horrible for gaming in my unprofessional opinion

jlbranstetter

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

Also when it lags its like its rewinding back and other players are running in place.

The easiest way to test it with games which show ping usage, for example world of tanks (you can download part and play with tier 1).
Or online games like CS.
if the ping isn't constant, that means your having trouble into wireless connection.
But launch Nvidia Geforce experience and disable these in settings:
In-Game overlay,
Desktop Notifications,
Downloads (automatic downloading, for me it doesn't work),
In shield tab disable gamestream,
If you installed like additional software for GPU uninstall it (if you have MSI version only).

jlbranstetter

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

50 ft ethernet cable was the fix. thank you