Upgraded to XP--where did files go?

gb

I just upgraded my system from ME to XP. When I opened
the system in XP, the my documents folder is empty. It
had previously contained a large number of files and
documents. I used the steps under quick upgrade in the
installation instructions. Where did my files go when XP
was installed; how can they be retrieved? Appreciate any
help.

Data or Program Settings Are Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313362&Product=winxp

Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing
After You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313055

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"GB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

|I just upgraded my system from ME to XP. When I opened
| the system in XP, the my documents folder is empty. It
| had previously contained a large number of files and
| documents. I used the steps under quick upgrade in the
| installation instructions. Where did my files go when XP
| was installed; how can they be retrieved? Appreciate any
| help.

Didn't backup your files, eh? Let this be a lesson to you.

"GB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded my system from ME to XP. When I opened
> the system in XP, the my documents folder is empty. It
> had previously contained a large number of files and
> documents. I used the steps under quick upgrade in the
> installation instructions. Where did my files go when XP
> was installed; how can they be retrieved? Appreciate any
> help.

TRENDING THREADS