Question Upgrades for friend’s pc

Skwere

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
My friend’s mom just bought a Dell optiplex with an i7 (model not specified) it has 4 gb of ram, they got scamed it was supposed to be 8gb. Im going to give him a gtx 750ti if he doesn’t plan on buying a gpu, ssd he said he didnt want one and didnt feel like buying one even though i highly encouraged him to and will any ram do as long it is ddr3 it will work with unidentical/different ram right?
So what are the upgrades he needs, i made this thread so you can pursuade him on buying things like an ssd.

You need to list the exact model for the PC, so we can see exactly what components are in it, and what could be upgrade-able.

Dell machines are not the best for upgradin parts. Often you are limited to just ram, and 'maybe' a discrete GPU to improve gaming performance. Depends on what, model and what hardware is inside it though.

Skwere

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
You need to list the exact model for the PC, so we can see exactly what components are in it, and what could be upgrade-able.

Dell machines are not the best for upgradin parts. Often you are limited to just ram, and 'maybe' a discrete GPU to improve gaming performance. Depends on what, model and what hardware is inside it though.
He was too lazy to tell me

When you know the make/model of the pc, go to a ram web site like Kingston, crucial, corsair and access their ram upgrade app.
Enter the make/model of the pc and you will get a list of supported upgrades.
This might require you to discard the original 4gb of ram.