Upgrades for my low-end gaming PC

Duncanlane

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Towards the end of summer, I was done waiting and caved in to getting a low-end gaming PC now, and upgrades later. I have just finished building it and here are the specs.

AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard
Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply
Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer

I have gotten it and it is fully functional. However, with school back in session, I no longer have the time to look for upgrades. So I'm sure you guys can help me! I did make a little list of upgrades, don't know where I left off though, but here they are.

AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core
Wintec One 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Cooler Master Blade Master 54.8 CFM 92mm
Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid

Not 100% sure what's up there^ but you do not have to use those specifically. They are just to give you an idea of what I need/want. (8gb RAM, more HDD space, etc.)

Suggest away! I am eager to hear any recommendations anybody has.

EDIT: (Oh yes, I want to play most Source games at max settings and would like to run Skyrim with little to no lag.)

EDIT: Basically, I want the best possible build for my mobo.

Solution

If you haven't purchased a video card yet check out Newegg. Some of their 7870's have dropped below $200 and all that I saw have 2 games that come with them, that's a hell of a good deal. I would look into an SSD for your OS and some programs if you haven't done so already. They are dropping below a $1 a Gigabyte now and will give you the most bang for the buck as an upgrade. Use your mech hard drive for storage.

Duncanlane

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

So then which Graphics Card do you recommend?

Duncanlane

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Alright, I think I found my card... Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB, should be able to run games like BF4 (Not that I'll get it.) at a decent fps.

But still, what other components should I get?

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009

If you haven't purchased a video card yet check out Newegg. Some of their 7870's have dropped below $200 and all that I saw have 2 games that come with them, that's a hell of a good deal. I would look into an SSD for your OS and some programs if you haven't done so already. They are dropping below a $1 a Gigabyte now and will give you the most bang for the buck as an upgrade. Use your mech hard drive for storage.

Solution

Duncanlane

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

Yes, I am aware of the prices of the cards and I am planning to get a 250gb ssd for my OS and programs, and 2 1tb hdds in raid-0 for games.