[SOLVED] Upgrades

Solution
Is that your current system?

What do you want out of the upgrade? Are you trying to play at a higher refresh rate, resolution,get into VR etc?

You have a pretty good low-mid range system. I would say maybe trade your RAM in and get some 3200mhz, should be fairly cheap since if you sell the old ones you may only have to spend 20 bucks at most on new ones. Another upgrade would be to step up to a Ryzen 3600 or 3700 CPU, it will give you better frame-rates due to their strong single core performance. Just be sure to update your BIOS to the latest while you still have the 2600 to make it easy.

As far as your GPU you would really need to go up to a RX 5700 (~20%)or 5700XT (~30%), or RTX 2060 Super (~30%) for any meaningful upgrade...

What do you want out of the upgrade? Are you trying to play at a higher refresh rate, resolution,get into VR etc?

You have a pretty good low-mid range system. I would say maybe trade your RAM in and get some 3200mhz, should be fairly cheap since if you sell the old ones you may only have to spend 20 bucks at most on new ones. Another upgrade would be to step up to a Ryzen 3600 or 3700 CPU, it will give you better frame-rates due to their strong single core performance. Just be sure to update your BIOS to the latest while you still have the 2600 to make it easy.

As far as your GPU you would really need to go up to a RX 5700 (~20%)or 5700XT (~30%), or RTX 2060 Super (~30%) for any meaningful upgrade. Included rough percent of performance boost although it varies with game and resolution.

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
If you're looking to upgrade anything in that system for more performance (in what I assume is gaming) then the only upgrade really necessary is the GPU.

Get a good cooler if you want to start overclocking the CPU as well.

That's pretty much it other than maybe a monitor with higher resolution and/or refresh rate assuming you have a basic monitor right now

Nov 6, 2019

As far as your GPU you would really need to go up to a RX 5700 (~20%)or 5700XT (~30%), or RTX 2060 Super (~30%) for any meaningful upgrade. Included rough percent of performance boost although it varies with game and resolution.
I would really like higher refresh rates so as of now I’m going to get 3200 ram and what would make more sense cpu upgrade or gpu?