upgradeto windows xp

how do i wipe widows nt off my computer so i can put
windows xp on it ??

You'd do the wiping as part of the XP install. You don't have to "wipe" it
first. Just choose to format your drive (and repartition, if you so
desire). Just realize that if you format a drive, everything is gone. And
if you delete partitions and create new ones, everything will be gone.

Also, have you verified that your hardware is up to the task of running XP?
Considering that the minimum required RAM for XP is more than 5 times
greater than that for NT, for one. While NT would run fine on a PIII 500
with 64 MB of RAM, don't try to run XP on a system like that...

Ray at home