Question Upgrading 1080TI To 2080TI Is It Worth It?

Which CPU are you going to pair with the RTX 2080 Ti ? Also, provide full PC specs, including the model number of your current PSU. NO, I don't think it would worth the upgrade though ? Keep the GTX 1080 Ti for some more time.

On 2K, you shouldn't be facing any serious issues while Gaming on the GTX 1080 Ti, IMO. RTX cards are also a bit expensive.

CPU
Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z390 AORUS MASTER-CF (U3E1)
Graphics
ROG PG278QR (2534x1410@144Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (EVGA)
PSU 1000W EVGA GQ Gold Hybrid

My games are working really good with the 1080ti but keep looking at 2080ti and really want one but need thoughts

You missed the PSU in that list.

Never mind the specs, but if all the Games are working fine, then you shouldn't worry about upgrading your current GPU, unless you REALLY want MORE performance in graphic demanding AAA games.

The RTX is obviously faster, but it is having a poor price/perf RATIO. It's expensive, but unless you really want to use/enable RAY TRACING in games, then only go for the RTX. Else, your current GTX GPU is a solid card, at least in my opinion.

You missed the PSU in that list.

Never mind the specs, but if all the Games are working fine, then you shouldn't worry about upgrading your current GPU, unless you REALLY want MORE performance in graphic demanding AAA games.

The RTX is obviously faster, but it is having a poor price/perf RATIO. It's expensive, but unless you really want to use/enable RAY TRACING in games, then only go for the RTX. Else, your current GTX GPU is a solid card, at least in my opinion.

Heard that if you enable RAY TRACING you get lower fps so yes maybe keep my 1080ti

Heard that if you enable RAY TRACING you get lower fps

Yeah, RAY Tracing tanks the performance, but if we enable DLSS, along with RTX, then you might gain some more frames. It all depends on the Game being played though. Not many games support ray tracing, as of now. Maybe in the next 2-3 years, Ray Tracing might become mainstream.

IMO, apart from all the above factors, it seems we are basically paying an "early adopter" price for this new Turing tech/hardware, hence the premium. I know Nvidia has totally changed the GPU arch as well, with the addition of new RT and Tensor Cores, and other design/pipeline improvements (memory/cache) etc.

But to take proper advantage of this hardware, very few games and software are currently out in the market. So basically the hardware won't get fully utilized (if we think from this perspective). Also, how well some of the upcoming Games will actually perform on a TURING GPU, with Real time ray tracing and DLSS, still remains to be seen. I think it will take at least another 2-3 years for this whole RTX technology to become mainstream.

As of now, few PC titles are going to take full advantage of this new RTX feature, provided Game developers also adopt and implement ray tracing, and DLSS deep learning AA in games as well. Still, it's good to see new Tech being released. With time things might settle down a bit, and the performance gain might be there when DLSS and Ray Tracing features are enabled.