Question Upgrading a bottleneck

Oct 20, 2022
Hello!

I have a B450 Tomahawk Max II MB.

Currently running a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

I just upgraded my 1080Ti to a RTX 4090Ti Suprim. Got a good deal on it.

My CPU is now the bottleneck in my system. The one I got came with a fan (was my first PC build) that sits right on top of it. I am sort of 50/50 if it comes to installing one of those larger fan/water cooling systems.

I am looking to upgrade my CPU. Might hold out for a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal to get a little bit more bang for my buck. Price range is in the $200 - $250.

Any recommendations on what might make a decent upgrade? And what fan/heatsink I should get for it?

Oct 20, 2022
Neither of those are viable options. I am looking to improve the situation, not solve the bottleneck.

I am not looking to get max performance out of it - just something better than what I am currently getting with my current CPU.

Hello!

I have a B450 Tomahawk Max II MB.

Currently running a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU.

I just upgraded my 1080Ti to a RTX 4090Ti Suprim. Got a good deal on it.

My CPU is now the bottleneck in my system. The one I got came with a fan (was my first PC build) that sits right on top of it. I am sort of 50/50 if it comes to installing one of those larger fan/water cooling systems.

I am looking to upgrade my CPU. Might hold out for a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal to get a little bit more bang for my buck. Price range is in the $200 - $250.

Any recommendations on what might make a decent upgrade? And what fan/heatsink I should get for it?
If it were me I would get a Ryzen 7 5700X, it doesn't make much sense to me to pair a 6 core CPU with a 4090. It fits into your budget too:
https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-7-...tion=5700X&cm_re=5700X-_-19-113-735-_-Product

TRENDING THREADS