[SOLVED] Upgrading a friends PC

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
So guys im gonna build /upgrade a friend old pc im gonna keep the old case and the gpu (Gigabyte 1050ti)
And im gonna buy the
r5 5600
Corsair CX CX5550F rgb 550w
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4
Gigabyte B550M DS3H
Western digital blue SN570 500GB
Western digital blue 1Tb Hard drive
My friend is a non savy pc user And want a pc for movies browsing the internet and playing old games and League of legends.
I have ordered the parts but i would like a second opinion if anyone interested to give a thought about it. (it gonna take some days before arrive).

Last edited:

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Well, the gpu is the weakest link as far as anything is concerned. It will play LoL and stream movies and other desktop tasks with no real issue.
Not knowing what you were upgrading from it's hard to know if you would really see an appreciable improvement in performance, but at least it will have hardware able to run more modern technology.

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
Well, the gpu is the weakest link as far as anything is concerned. It will play LoL and stream movies and other desktop tasks with no real issue.
Not knowing what you were upgrading from it's hard to know if you would really see an appreciable improvement in performance, but at least it will have hardware able to run more modern technology.
yea the gpu is gonna be the weak link now , but i think its enough for lol and movies furthermore the budget its already stretched.
Moreover he is gonna upgrade from a from an old intel dual core from around 2015 and 8g dd3 ram, 120g ssd . 500g hard drive and a 500w psu (unknown chinese brand. So i believe he gonna see/feel a huge improvement with the new setup.
ps. he have a 24inch 1080p 60hz monitor.

Last edited: