[SOLVED] Upgrading a prebuilt

Jan 11, 2021
CUK Stratos Micro Gaming Desktop AMD Ryzen 3 with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 500W PSU. I bought this Pc a year ago and was wondering what the best CPU and GPU were best to upgrade it with. The motherboard is a Asus prime a320m-k.

Solution
you are limited to the ryzen 3000 series. so something like a 3600 would be a good choice. gpu is a tougher question, you can run any card your psu will run, but finding one is the hard part.

this is a horrible time to buy a gpu i hate to say.

i see the ryzen 3600 at newegg right now for $195 with a promo code. hard to beat that price.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you are limited to the ryzen 3000 series. so something like a 3600 would be a good choice. gpu is a tougher question, you can run any card your psu will run, but finding one is the hard part.

this is a horrible time to buy a gpu i hate to say.

i see the ryzen 3600 at newegg right now for $195 with a promo code. hard to beat that price.

Reactions: Nemesia and SamirD
Solution
It's an horrible time to buy a motherboard, PSU, Ryzen 5000, RTX 3000 and higher price on the rest too.

This must be the worst time I have ever seen to build a new system. I have a few builds that I had to push back because I can't even buy the parts for them.