- Current Rig -
  • B450M S2H
  • Ryzen 5 3400G
  • 500VTE Couger 80+ Bronze
- Upgrading To -
  • MSI RTX 3060Ti Ventus 3x
  • GIGABYTE P650B 80+ Bronze
  • Ryzen 5 5600X
Q1 : ( In the matter of Power efficiency in the motherboard )
Do I have to upgrade my Gigabyte B450M S2H to B450 Aorus Elite or B450 MSI Tomhawk?
Q2 : Does cheap motherboards damages any of the components? ( SAME CHIPSET )

Lutfij

Titan
Power efficiency in the motherboard
Can you please elaborate on that question? Power efficiency? They are all on the same chipset

Cheap often means you loose out on bells and whistles and quality componentry used on the board is devoid. You also want to invest in quality components if you plan to overclock, hold onto your platform for a long while and/or do both. You should update the BIOS on your motherboard prior to dropping that 5600x into the board. If I were you, I'd avoid buying the same chipset different branded board and invest in a B550 chipset. Mind you, if you change boards, you will need to reinstall your OS, so backup your data in case you do swap the board.

You might want to avoid getting anything remotely similar to a Gigabyte PSU.

Amr Ibrahim

Reputable
Sep 10, 2019
Power efficiency in the motherboard
Can you please elaborate on that question? Power efficiency? They are all on the same chipset

Cheap often means you loose out on bells and whistles and quality componentry used on the board is devoid. You also want to invest in quality components if you plan to overclock, hold onto your platform for a long while and/or do both. You should update the BIOS on your motherboard prior to dropping that 5600x into the board. If I were you, I'd avoid buying the same chipset different branded board and invest in a B550 chipset. Mind you, if you change boards, you will need to reinstall your OS, so backup your data in case you do swap the board.

You might want to avoid getting anything remotely similar to a Gigabyte PSU.

Q1 - Gigabyte PSUs are bad or this special model ?

Q2- Would B450M S2H affect my gaming experience in terms of FPS or it might damage my components?
I'm not looking for overclocking , basic gaming only.
I didn't get your point on MBs. Do i have to upgrade or B450M S2H will just do it?
According to LTT (https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619-motherboard-vrm-tier-list-v2-currently-amd-only/) B450M S2H is low tier VRM performance.