Upgrading Alienware x51 R2 suggestions

protato10

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I am looking to upgrade the alienware x51 R2 to get as much as i can from it. I already have upgraded the graphics card to a gtx 1060, the system currently has 8gb of ram, has a core i7-3700 processor, 1tb hard drive. any suggestions for upgrades besides the graphics card? would getting more ram or a better processor improve fps in games or am i getting the most i can from what i currently have?
pls no answers telling me to just get a custom pc as that is not an option for me :)

Lutfij

Titan
The i7-3700 you've stated is a generic series number. I'd suggest you include the model number for your processor. Is it the i7-3770 or the unlocked K suffix processor part? The best thing you could do is getting an SSD for your OS and the games/apps you tax the system with. If you've got the funding, then you can get a large 480GB/500GB/512GB SSD to house your OS, games and apps.

Speaking of which, what sort of titles do you game on?

protato10

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

The processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401MHz 4 Core(s) 8 Logical Processors (copied from my system information). it is not the k series.

The games i mostly play at the moment are stuff like Fortnite, Destiny 2, Overwatch, black desert online, and diablo 3. i ideally want to get a 144hz monitor but i dont know if i would be able to get up to a decent framerate to best utilize 144hz with my system at the moment.