[SOLVED] Upgrading an old PC

Jun 25, 2020
Who can help with the upgrade advice? friend would like to play dota2 + stream on 1080 with no lags. his budged it 350-400$ here are the parts he has: aerocool vx-750, amd ddr4-2666 pc4-2138 r7, ssdnow kingstone a400 120gb, WD blue 1tb, AMP Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 hz/16mb, msi pci-ex geforce gtx 1050 Ti gaming x 4gb, asus prime b350-plus , soooo what to upgrade?

Solution
Your definition of an "old" computer and mine are kinda different... but that aside...
I don't see anything he needs to change to play DOTA2 and stream, but the first thing I'd do is upgrade the graphics card to something a bit stronger that will match the capabilities of the 1st gen Ryzen 6C/12T CPU. You didn't state how much RAM was installed, but he should have 16GB today as a start. 8GB is the minimum.

A GTX 1660 Ti or RX 5600 XT would make a nice upgrade. But prices are kinda steep right now for anything PC related.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Your definition of an "old" computer and mine are kinda different... but that aside...
I don't see anything he needs to change to play DOTA2 and stream, but the first thing I'd do is upgrade the graphics card to something a bit stronger that will match the capabilities of the 1st gen Ryzen 6C/12T CPU. You didn't state how much RAM was installed, but he should have 16GB today as a start. 8GB is the minimum.

A GTX 1660 Ti or RX 5600 XT would make a nice upgrade. But prices are kinda steep right now for anything PC related.

Reactions: vkub
Solution
Jun 25, 2020
Thanks guys and for myself build, should I create new topic or continue here? Plus not seeing option to add pictures :d (atlest from phone)