Upgrading APU with a second GPU dilema

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
The PSU I linked earlier or the one huilun linked above are both good options. 500 is the minimum, but a little cushion is a nice thing to have.

Also agree with the part about the manufacturer, no names are a craps shoot, stick with trusted brands. PSU is one component where you want to get the best quality you can.

Brandon Kirby

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
I have the same Mobo I also have a spare 7850 and a 600w cooler master psu in there but when i install the card the mobo doesn't even recognize it won't show up in device manager is there a way to disable the onboard gpu so it will work I've already disabled UFEI and enabled legacy support what am I missing guys?

Michael Scott

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
It's been two years since this and I'm a little shady still.

On my PC, could I just buy a new dedicated GPU to install - is there space for that on my rig? Will I need anything else E.G new PSU etc. ?

Michael Scott

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
The processor socket on my motherboard is FM2. I do not want to play video games.

Which is the best recommended processing upgrade? I have found that the best two FM2 processesors are the AMD A10-6800B APU and the AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core.
Why does the AMD A10-6800B APU have a higher score than the AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core in this https://www.cpubenchmark.net/socketType.html#id16 ]CPU Benchmark chart[/url]?

I thought that because the Athlon is purely a CPU, it should have more processing power than an APU which must share processing power with graphical demands for the integrated graphics?

Which is the best available upgrade for the FM2 socket?

TRENDING THREADS