May 12, 2020
wanting to upgrade graphics card for smoother gameplay on wow..current build

AMD FX 6300 six cor processor
motherboard biostar a960d+v2
16 gig crucial ddr3 pc3
420 watt pw supp
current video card nvidia geforce gt 710 pcie 2.0 x 8

May 12, 2020
hey...bought the 1050ti and installed, now when i play world of warcraft computer locks up after 10 mins or so and have to cut power to reboot..any ideas

jitteRs

Great
Nov 25, 2019
hey...bought the 1050ti and installed, now when i play world of warcraft computer locks up after 10 mins or so and have to cut power to reboot..any ideas
Did you buy your graphics card used? It could also be your power supply. When did you get your power supply and what is the model?

My guess would be the new card is pushing the cpu even harder is and causing issues between cpu and MB overheating.

A quick test is to take the side panel off the case and use a box fan/ personal fan to blow air into the case at the cpu/MB and see if that solves the issue. If it does then you need better case cooling

Reactions: John Chesterfield

John Chesterfield

Honorable
Mar 22, 2015
My guess would be the new card is pushing the cpu even harder is and causing issues between cpu and MB overheating.

A quick test is to take the side panel off the case and use a box fan/ personal fan to blow air into the case at the cpu/MB and see if that solves the issue. If it does then you need better case cooling
This is a very good shout, especially given that those FX chips run hot.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS