[SOLVED] Upgrading Case Fan

Jan 3, 2020
I am looking to upgrade case fans because my 2080 is running hot (83c). I don’t want to spend more than 25$ a fan. I have space for 3x120mm intake 2x140 or 120 top exhaust and 1x120 back exhaust. I was thinking of running all Noctua NF-P12 redux 1700 pwm. Would this be a significant improvement over my current fans (Rosewill RGBF-17002)?

specs:
i9600k @ 4.8ghz
Noctua NH-D15
Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC
Corsair ddr4 2x16 GB @ 3200mhz
Rosewill Cullinan mx mid atx tower

Last edited:
Solution
Is there a benefit to the nf-s12a PWM over the nf-p12 redux 1700?
The NF-P12 has been designed to excel for use on a heatsink or radiator, whereas the NF-S12a has been designed to excel for use as a case fan.

The NF-A12 fans have been designed as all-rounder fans they would also be a good choice.
Seeing on how it has 3 intake and 1 exhaust fan already pre-instatlled I don't think airflow is an issue. If anything maybe just add another exhaust fan.

What are you using to get the GPU temp? Do you have an overclock on the GPU?

Are you using the vertical GPU mount? If so that's usually the number 1 culprit of high GPU temps because many cases have the GPU too close to the side panel for adequate airflow.

Do you have your PSU facing down as in pulling air from the bottom filter? If not and you are pulling air from inside the case you might want to try and change that,

Jan 3, 2020
No I have a horizontal gpu mount it is factory overclocked at 1815mhz. The psi is sucking air from the bottom through the air filter so it’s probably ok. I running dcs world to get the temps at 1440p 100fps.
Is there anything I can do about the gpu temp besides the top exhaust fan?

Last edited: