Upgrading Computer's ram

gangsterberzs

Reputable
Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone!
Today i was playing a game when i noticed that my PC was using 90% of my memory so currently i have 8 gigs which is not bad but not good ive been looking at ram for a long time but ive been running into problems.. i cant find the same model my system specs:

CPU: AMD x4 860K 3.7 GHz
GPU: Asus Strix 950 2 GB
Ram: SILICON POWER 8 GB DDR3
i live in a country where there isn't a lot of options to order from other countries like china etc ive been looking in all of my country online stores but no luck they don't have em so now we got that out of the way i don't know what to do i was thinking about mixing brands but that looks like a bad idea but i'm a pretty low budget can someone help me decide what to do?

Solution
Mixing RAM is always a risk, even with the same make and model it is possible to have issues. Normally it is ok but I do have 2 sets of 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP CL9 1600mhz that refuse to work with each other without issues in any combination.

If you cannot get the same make and model then buy RAM of the same timing, frequency and voltage for the best chance of it working.

Ameen Ahmed

Reputable
Oct 1, 2015
Mixing of brands is not a problem.
But you need to make sure that the frequency of each ram matches like (1600mhz)
I am using two rams of different brands with same frequency but different timings and not a problem.
So same frequency should work in most cases

Mixing RAM is always a risk, even with the same make and model it is possible to have issues. Normally it is ok but I do have 2 sets of 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP CL9 1600mhz that refuse to work with each other without issues in any combination.

If you cannot get the same make and model then buy RAM of the same timing, frequency and voltage for the best chance of it working.

Solution