Question Upgrading CPU, Mobo

Feb 15, 2023
Hey guys, i am looking for upgrade of my old pc.
My PC:
i5 8600k
Corsair 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX Black
rx 470
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS

I am looking for some good cpu with better single core performance, did not decide what mobo should i get. My pick is for now i5 13600k. Do i need new ram as well? My budget is around 600€.

Last edited:
To be honest your current system will still work well with your current specs and getting powerful GPU might bottleneck the New CPU also you dont need new ram because there DDR4 motherboards out there that support your new CPU. I think you should save up until you can afford an big change to your system!

Last edited:
Hey guys, i am looking for upgrade of my old pc.
My PC:
i5 8600k
Corsair 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX Black
rx 470
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS

I am looking for some good cpu with better single core performance, did not decide what mobo should i get. My pick is for now i5 13600k. Do i need new ram as well? My budget is around 600€.
No you don't need new RAM if you get a DDR4 motherboard.

Feb 15, 2023
To be honest your current system will still work well with your current specs and getting powerful GPU might bottleneck the New CPU also you dont need new ram because there DDR4 motherboards out there that support your new CPU. I think you should save up until you can afford an big change to your system!

I need much better single core performance thats why i am looking for upgrade. Yeah mobo as well be upgraded but i did not decide which one. Maybe this MSI MAG B760 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4?

GPU is fine, i dont need better one i would say for my purposes. Is there any performance wise difference between ddr4 and ddr5?

Feb 15, 2023
Yes but it is highly workload dependant. For most people the difference right now is minimal. You say you need better single core performance, can I ask what for?

The Tomahawk you've mentioned is a good board. I would also consider a Z690 or Z790 if it's not too far in price difference.
Game World of warcraft. I will check these mbs as well thanks.

Feb 15, 2023
Oh ok, well it's a big step up from what you currently have. The only reason I mention it is modern CPU's run quite hot, the Z boards give you the option to undervolt or tweak the CPU to your liking if required. I would make sure you have a good CPU cooler.

I have CPU Cryorig H7 so shouldi upgrade it as well? Something like Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 ?

I have CPU Cryorig H7 so shouldi upgrade it as well? Something like Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 ?

That Cryorig was well regarded when introduced some years ago.

Single tower; 145 mm tall. 120mm fan.

If on a budget, I'd probably try it out and see how it does. If dissatisfied, upgrade to another cooler later.

You would need a new mounting kit to use it on current motherboards. I don't know if you can get one free or if you have to pay. Look at Cryorig web site.

If budget not really a factor, go ahead with another cooler, but be sure to confirm your case is wide enough for it.

Feb 15, 2023
That Cryorig was well regarded when introduced some years ago.

Single tower; 145 mm tall. 120mm fan.

If on a budget, I'd probably try it out and see how it does. If dissatisfied, upgrade to another cooler later.

You would need a new mounting kit to use it on current motherboards. I don't know if you can get one free or if you have to pay. Look at Cryorig web site.

If budget not really a factor, go ahead with another cooler, but be sure to confirm your case is wide enough for it.
I think i have some coolermaster force 500 (Not sure rn) and i think up to 160mm should be fine. Does it matter what cooler i pick? Or any around price of noctua dh15 will do?

I think i have some coolermaster force 500 (Not sure rn) and i think up to 160mm should be fine. Does it matter what cooler i pick? Or any around price of noctua dh15 will do?

It matters to some extent, but you should not have to go as high as DH 15. It's an excellent cooler if it will fit your case, but you should be OK with cheaper, smaller Noctuas like the U14.....a single tower.

For the 12400F / 13400F the DeepCool AK400.

https://www.alza.sk/deepcool-ak400-d7189060.htm
DeepCool AK400 €35,90

https://www.deepcool.com/products/C...formance-CPU-Cooler-1700-AM5/2021/15222.shtml

For the 13600K then this cooler should work fine.

https://www.alza.sk/silentiumpc-fortis-5-d6978317.htm
SilentiumPC Fortis 5 €48,90