Upgrading Cpu need help.

Mar 16, 2018
Im upgrading an old rig I got a while ago I think in 2014 or 15.
It has an old AMD-FX 8320 (oc to 4.1)
and I want to switch to a Ryzen 2200g but im worried about going down to 4 cores.

I really dont know if this is a good cpu to switch to or if its even worth switching to from my 8320.

Im also aware I cant just slap the 2200g into the 970a mobo and Ill need ddr4 but im worried about the cpu first and foremost

Solution
For gaming it's going to be a very nice upgrade for other stuff that requires multiple cores it will be a slight barely noticeable downgrade. If you game then do it and don't think twice about it. However if you want an all round upgrade get Ryzen 5. Any Ryzen 5. Even just the Quad cores with SMT will be a good choice. The Ryzen 5 1400 is only $150 and it can be found even cheaper on ebay.
For gaming it's going to be a very nice upgrade for other stuff that requires multiple cores it will be a slight barely noticeable downgrade. If you game then do it and don't think twice about it. However if you want an all round upgrade get Ryzen 5. Any Ryzen 5. Even just the Quad cores with SMT will be a good choice. The Ryzen 5 1400 is only $150 and it can be found even cheaper on ebay.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan

In addition it has the Vega 11 iGPU.