Question Upgrading CPU

Dec 3, 2018
So I currently have a Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core and I've been thinking about upgrading to a better CPU like a Ryzen 5 2600 6-core CPU. I have my current Cpu clocked at 3.7 and I think the boost clock for the 2600 is 3.9. I want to upgrade because I feel like I'm not getting the best performance out of my RX 580. I hoping with a new CPU with two more cores than my current one I will get better performance overall. I wanna know if it's worth upgrading and spending the $170 or if it's not. I would really appreciate some advice on this. (Current build CPU Ryzen 5 1600 Quad-core, 16GB RAM, RX 580 8GB, ASRock B-350)

Gmoney06ss

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
What's making you believe you're not getting the best performance? Any specific issues? Have you done any comparisons as to your performance against the performance of a similar combo? Or the rx580/2600 combo?

It's definitely the better processor, but is it really worth dropping the money on, probably not right now. 3rd gen right around the corner.

Dec 3, 2018
What's making you believe you're not getting the best performance? Any specific issues? Have you done any comparisons as to your performance against the performance of a similar combo? Or the rx580/2600 combo?

It's definitely the better processor, but is it really worth dropping the money on, probably not right now. 3rd gen right around the corner.
I feel like I could be getting better FPS on games cause I've seen test on the same GPU and they are getting better numbers than I am.

Gmoney06ss

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
The real question probably becomes how much is that small amount of fps you'll gain worth it to you? I honestly think you're better off holding onto your money for and think you'll be disappointed in dropping $170 for a maybe 10% increase.