[SOLVED] Upgrading current PC... low FPS for COD Warzone

bradleyv1714

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
I have this gaming rig that I built with some parts from an old computer of mine. I play COD: Warzone mostly, I know that my Mobo, CPU and RAM are old so that might be the reason for the Low FPS as they may be bottle necking my GPU.

I have the following components and I wanted to know what parts you would recommend for me to upgrade?

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 12 GB RAM (11.97 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Mobo: MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

logainofhades

Titan
CoD: Warzone can use up to 12 cpu threads and 12GBs of ram.
Clearly not enough cpu resources here. Plus, when ram gets all used up, the system then starts writing temporary files to the storage drive, which is far slower than physical ram.

A new cpu/mobo/ram combo is needed here.

Agreed. All that matters now, is the budget, for your upgrade, as there are some good options, at various price points.

Reactions: Kevinjayyyy

logainofhades

Titan
Solution

bradleyv1714

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
This would be my pick, for a start.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($171.89 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($159.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($75.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $407.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-15 17:22 EDT-0400

I had a question about these T-Force Ram that I found on Amazon. Would these be any good? I know that G. Skill Ripjaws are great as that is what I have always used but the T-Forces came up when looking at the ripjaws on amazon.

bradleyv1714

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Do you recommend any monitor for my set up once I buy those parts? I currently have a monitor but it is 1080P/60Hz. Not sure if it is worth upgrading though due to the cost of the monitors.

logainofhades

Titan
I would take the build you intend to go with, start a build, in PC part picker, and then find a listing of compatible cases, that you like the style of first, then it can be decided if, airflow wise, it is a good case. Cases are the one thing that can be considered a personal choice, as everyone has different tastes.

bradleyv1714

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
I would take the build you intend to go with, start a build, in PC part picker, and then find a listing of compatible cases, that you like the style of first, then it can be decided if, airflow wise, it is a good case. Cases are the one thing that can be considered a personal choice, as everyone has different tastes.

I bought the parts that you recommended and I just got them in today and I absolutely love the difference these parts make even with every day tasks.

Since you are a mod, I bet you have seen many people build with these cases. But these really stand out for me.
Fractal Design Meshify C
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Phanteks Eclipse P350X

This Phantek is really appealing to the eye but it is quite an amount more, but it does come with RGB fans. not sure how good they are though. lol
Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital

This Cooler master also catches my eye... Honestly, looking for something not so crazy but appealing.
Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pv...troller-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-d500d-kgnn-s01

Enermax StarryFort SF30

I feel like some of these are very bright and maybe I should go with something subtle as my PC parts are not as loud as the RGB in some of these cases.

Jul 29, 2020
I have this gaming rig that I built with some parts from an old computer of mine. I play COD: Warzone mostly, I know that my Mobo, CPU and RAM are old so that might be the reason for the Low FPS as they may be bottle necking my GPU.

I have the following components and I wanted to know what parts you would recommend for me to upgrade?

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 12 GB RAM (11.97 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Mobo: MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you
I would personally upgrade your cpu and motherboard maybe go for a 10600k if you just want gaming performance or the 3700x for a really great all around cpu, if you can fit those into your budget otherwise I would go with the ryzen 5 3600 as it is a incredible value and performance chip at the moment at about 150 dollars. If you are going AMD I would go with a b450 f-gaming motherboard from asus as it is about 120 dollars, and will give you plenty of room for overclocking and other premium features for cheap. If you are going intel, you will need to buy an aftermarket cooler in which I would recommend the deepcool gammax 400 blue because it has incredible performance for a 25 dollar cooler, if you go intel I would recommend the MSI Z490-a Pro ATX motherboard as it has good enough power delivery for most overclocking and great memory support. Also if your ram speeds are under 3200mhz I would recommend upgrading because ram is so cheap. You could get a 16gb kit for about 60 dollars. I would recommend the OLOY warhawk rgb because I think it looks cool and provides fantastic performance for the price.