Discussion Upgrading failed video card for old PC

May 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I got in contact with my old PC since I will be home for the next couple of months and I'd like to make an upgrade to my video card which failed.
The PC is a very old one, and I know that I shouldn't have too many expectations yet. A new PC is not yet on the wishlist, atleast not for this summer. Therefore, I decided that I should get a video card. Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel i5 750 2.67Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3
8GB Ram
The card that failed was a GT 730

After some research, I thought that a GTX 760 2gb version would be appropiated for my PC, but I changed my mind afterwards and thought about aiming for a GTX 960 2gb, or maybe a 4gb if it wouldn't be a problem. The truth is, I don't plan to play anything fancy, but still want to run games like GTA V at medium-high with decent fps if possible.

Which video card would be a best bet for this PC? Thanks in advance :)

Hello everyone, I got in contact with my old PC since I will be home for the next couple of months and I'd like to make an upgrade to my video card which failed.
The PC is a very old one, and I know that I shouldn't have too many expectations yet. A new PC is not yet on the wishlist, atleast not for this summer. Therefore, I decided that I should get a video card. Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel i5 750 2.67Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3
8GB Ram
The card that failed was a GT 730

After some research, I thought that a GTX 760 2gb version would be appropiated for my PC, but I changed my mind afterwards and thought about aiming for a GTX 960 2gb, or maybe a 4gb if it wouldn't be a problem. The truth is, I don't plan to play anything fancy, but still want to run games like GTA V at medium-high with decent fps if possible.

Which video card would be a best bet for this PC? Thanks in advance :)
What psu do you have?........make and model.

My bad,

Raidmax ATX12V 520w
Is this your psu?
https://www.newegg.com/raidmax-rx-520xp-520w/p/N82E16817152015

If so that's the old style psu.
Heavy on the 5v light on the 12v.
Backwards for today's gpu's.

It might not have an aux power cable for a gpu.
I'd be shopping for a gtx 750 ti.
No aux power needed.

If your going to game on a machine that old get a can of compressed air and give the innards a good cleaning.
Heatsinks and fans extra clean.
Psu....a few shots of air from both directions.

May 4, 2021

TRENDING THREADS