[SOLVED] Upgrading from 1060 3gb to rx 5600 xt

Oct 13, 2020
I'm lucky enough to win a xfx rx 5600 xt Thicc II pro in a lol tournament. So I'm just wondering if my current specs can handle it or do I upgrade others 1st? Never build a pc or upgrade/replace a part before. I mostly play single player games at 1080p 75hz monitor. All help is greatly appreciated.

So here are my specs.

CPU : Intel - Core i7-3770K
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard : Gigabyte - GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory : Crucial - Ballistix Sport XT 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Super Talent - 4 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Power Supply : Corsair - Builder 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Solution
I would suggest a newer/better quality PSU. Otherwise it should work. Your CPU will probably hold it back a bit, but you can always carry over the new GPU, when you upgrade the CPU, MB, and ram.

dimtodim

Reputable
I'm lucky enough to win a xfx rx 5600 xt Thicc II pro in a lol tournament. So I'm just wondering if my current specs can handle it or do I upgrade others 1st? Never build a pc or upgrade/replace a part before. I mostly play single player games at 1080p 75hz monitor. All help is greatly appreciated.

So here are my specs.

only problem is your PSU is week, u must buy better

So here are my specs.

Welcome to Toms Hardware @BatangKalbo!

Firstly, congrats on your win, like jesus christ you are lucky to win something, must've felt satisfying as hell. About your computer, it is quite limited, but the thing I would upgrade immediately would be the PSU due to the fact that it is underpowered and it would be on the safe side, however you can put the card in and buy the PSU later as it wouldn't blow up your computer, make sure to not overclock anything.

Secondly, your CPU is quite a limiting factor, so I would upgrade that when you have the money to do so. Other than that, I wouldn't worry, it will be a little better than the 1060, noticeable at least, but you'll maximise the performance with a better system (cpu, mobo, ram). Overall congrats and enjoy your 5600xt

logainofhades

Titan
RX 5600 XT is faster, but not by huge amount. You get ~1.5x - 1.7x performance boost compared to GTX 1060.
PSU requirements are 450W minimum, 500W recommended. So your psu can handle it.

Considering the 5600xt trades blows with the RTX 2060, which is 1070ti ish performance, that is a significant bump, over a 1060 3gb which is around GTX 970, or the newer 1650 territory. Even if the CPU does hold them back, some, that is a massive jump.