[SOLVED] Upgrading from 1080p to 1440p good idea?

Apr 29, 2020
Hi everyone. I am considering upgrading my monitor from a 1080p 144hz monitor to a 1440p (144hz?) monitor. I currently play modded gta 5 with a GTX 1070, i5-4570 3.2 GHz and 16 gigs of DDR3 RAM. Will it be a good idea to upgrade to 1440p? And will i get good/decent fps and will the overall graphics be improved? I read that Anti-Aliasing is not longer needed very much, so bearing in mind that MSAA will be switched off(/2x if still needed), is it worth it to upgrade? Thanks in advance

Solution
Thank you very much. Are you still experiencing much flickering textures/aliasing on 1440p monitor? Because that is my biggest concern
It depends on the game engine. In Sandstorm and EFT I got a lot of flickering without a basic level of antialiasing.But the increased sharpness overall is something I dont want to miss.
Apr 29, 2020
It was worth it for me. Your hardware will run it.
Thanks for your fast reply. But before I purchase a 1440p monitor, do you really notice a difference in graphical aspect? And what I'm mostly concerned about was the annoying aliasing that occurred when I played on 1080p, will that be gone/much less? And if this is all the case, any recommendations? I found this monitor: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/asus-tuf-g...4VO3g_qQ2LYZgEjKZ3KvvLG-hJuA_2.3.ProductImage : ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ - QHD IPS G-Sync Gaming Monitor - 27 inch
It is on a Dutch website so idk if you can access it. Is 144Hz/IPS/G-Sync/27'' a good for the hardware or do you recommend something else. Thanks

Apr 29, 2020
You'd have to look for reviews on that monitor as it's somewhat new. I'm not a monitor expert.

I have the Asus PG279Q.

Displayed graphical quality is also dependent on the quality of the gpu.

I will never go back to 1080p, 1440p looks that good. Very crisp.
I am very happy with my switch to 1440p. You will have to lower some settings slightly to hit higher fps targets, but overall the 1070 is a capable 1440p card.
Thank you very much. Are you still experiencing much flickering textures/aliasing on 1440p monitor? Because that is my biggest concern

TRENDING THREADS