Upgrading from 4890

G

Looking to upgrade from a hd4890, not that great with this stuff so i thought id ask you guys

700W PSW
i5-2400 @ 3.10GHz
8gb DDR5

Solution
How much do you want to spend?
Which 700w PSU do you have (make/model)?

If I was going for a GPU upgrade right now with your system I would consider the R9 280x/GTX 770 or even the R9 290/GTX 780, depending on your budget and monitor resolution too.

G

Sorry for the late reply,

The PSU is a cheap one i think, it's a XSONIC ATXP4-700W.
For the price i was thinking around $400-$500, want something to last a few years, and my resolution is 1360x768.

Cheers for taking the time to help me out too.

G

There's an ad on that page that says it comes with a free copy of watch dogs so i figured id ask, will I be able to run watch dogs at decent settings with my system with that GPU?

Here is one of your better options below. You upgrade your PSU, Monitor, and GPU all within your budget:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($289.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VX238H-W 23.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $447.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-14 21:41 EDT-0400)

G

Wow thanks mate that's awesome i'll probably go with that.
Thanks to everyone else too and one final noob question if anyone has the time, will i be able to run games like watch dogs with this config?

Your CPU should be plenty for this config and you should be able to game pretty good with the CPU and GPU combo listed. Glad that I could help.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS