upgrading from a gtx 750ti with a $180 budget

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
Hello guys I could use an outside input other than my own and that's why I decided to give it a go to my useful Tom's hardware family !
I'm not looking for having over 60 fps in gaming , having 60 fps or so it's fine with me, with that being said let's begin with the suggestions !

It's nice that we have some eyeballs but we prefer to see the entire patient when they need some upgrading. We can't assume the CPU is not in need of an upgrade or maybe there is a RAM issue. It's sorta hard to make a blind suggestion but with that being said my suggestion is Don't man, just don't. That was my thought when I saw your question in the list. I'd choose a 1060 3GB with your budget and current "rig" er single component that I can see. The 1050 Ti just wouldn't be worth it, at all imnsho.

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
My current system : i5 4590, 8 gb ram, gtx 750 ti as I stated before, the thing is I don't wanna risk it by getting a used product specially if that product is gonna have to travel overseas later on (buying it on USA) and doing the whole hassle of returning in case something bad happens is not a good call for me. I would like a 1060 3gb but I think it's out of my Budget .
Btw sorry about the downvote I didn't knew that could lower or raise the voting lol.

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015

i currently have an evga 500w 80plus so far no issues at all with this psu.

It is a decent unit that should be okay for now.

Consider the 1050Ti as well:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card ($159.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $159.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-17 06:28 EDT-0400

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
thanks everyone for your time and suggestions, one last thing before i let you all go :) would you say its best to buy now or wait till black friday sales? that and also wait for the RTX cards to come out and expect a possible decrease of prices in the market which it may and may not happen, once again thank you all for your time in assisting me.

I do not expect further price reductions anytime soon. Black Friday deals are the best on parts most people don't want (ones that don't sell much any other time).

AMD could be coming out with some new GPUs, but again I don't expect much reduction in prices except for maybe RX Vega. GPU prices are down right now. Crypocurrency mining could boom up again like last year and GPUs could become scarce.

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015

lets hope thats not the case and gpus gets cheaper or the same.
Cryptocurrency is not exactly a great thing anyways.
thanks for your suggestions and advices!

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
im about to make the buy, but before doing so: does gigabyte have good costumer service? incase of any issue that comes around with the gpu, does newegg has good costumer service as well? return policy etc.

Sep 19, 2018
I would strongly recommend looking on craigslist and the Facebook marketplace. You have to be willing to test out the stuff and judge the people you meet with to the best of your ability but you can find some amazing deals. I would honestly suggest just saving a bit more and getting a 1060 6gb.

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
the thing is that im not in usa so i cannot test it, its gonna be delivered to my by my sister when she gets back.
oh and btw: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/9h6jro/meta_newegg_payment_data_from_aug_1314_sep_18_was/ apparently there was a hack on newegg so good thing i havent bought anything from there yet...