Upgrading from Evaluation copy to Fully licensed software

How do I upgrade a Windows 2003 Enterprise system from the Evaluation copy
that it was initially loaded with? I do have the Volume license CD now with
a proper version of the server OS but I could find no documentation on how to
get it out of the Evaluation mode into a production fully licensed mode.

If you are running the trial (evaluation) version of Windows Server 2003,
you can upgrade to the retail version by running Setup again using the retail
media. For details, see the procedure "To complete an upgrade":

To complete an upgrade
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/upgrade/default.mspx

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816579

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"techdude" wrote:

| How do I upgrade a Windows 2003 Enterprise system from the Evaluation copy
| that it was initially loaded with? I do have the Volume license CD now with
| a proper version of the server OS but I could find no documentation on how to
| get it out of the Evaluation mode into a production fully licensed mode.

joeman99

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
you will need these files from a legit copy of windows. dpcdll.dl_, oembios.bi_, oembios.ca_, oembios.da_, oembios.si_, pidgen.dll, setupp.ini, setupreg.hiv