Question upgrading from g4560 gtx 1050ti

Jun 17, 2019
Hi guys, i have the ff:
g4560
gtx 1050ti
2x4 gb ram 2133
ex-h110m-v mobo

I'm torn between upgrading the graphics card to 1060 and cpu+mobo to an i3 or i5 8th gen. I only have the budget for one of them. what do you guys think should i buy first? and should i go for more than a 1060? Appreciate the response.

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
You are on a budget so I would go with AMD. in 20 days AMD will sell the new cpus. You can buy mobo and quad core cpu for 170$. Or you can choose a 1/2gen ryzen, in that case with 140$ you have both. For the GPU i would look if you find some good deals for a rx 580. in this case maybe you can buy both at once. the total should be around 350-370$. But depends on your country.
if you can't, go with the gpu (I anyway suggest to look for a 580), you will see some improvements but you will need a new cpu

Reactions: Cookzxc
Jun 17, 2019
You are on a budget so I would go with AMD. in 20 days AMD will sell the new cpus. You can buy mobo and quad core cpu for 170$. Or you can choose a 1/2gen ryzen, in that case with 140$ you have both. For the GPU i would look if you find some good deals for a rx 580. in this case maybe you can buy both at once. the total should be around 350-370$. But depends on your country.
if you can't, go with the gpu (I anyway suggest to look for a 580), you will see some improvements but you will need a new cpu
i will look into it. Thanks mate.

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
I currently have the vs550. And my budget is around $290-300.
550W are ok, but the PUS is not. If you don't want to change it is ok, but everyone will warn you that the vs seires is not good. You have to decide what is important, but consider this: a bad psu can work fine for months or years, no one can tell, if the psu "explode" can damage some hardware (normally does not happen but the possibility is not so small). If you consider to change it, I suggest a Seasonic which for me and many others are the best. Also XFX/Silverstone/Be quiet are not bad. But check always the certification, you want minimum a 80+ bronze. Corsair is also ok but the vs series is bad, you also want to avoid the CXs with a green layer on the side.

Reactions: Cookzxc
Jun 17, 2019
550W are ok, but the PUS is not. If you don't want to change it is ok, but everyone will warn you that the vs seires is not good. You have to decide what is important, but consider this: a bad psu can work fine for months or years, no one can tell, if the psu "explode" can damage some hardware (normally does not happen but the possibility is not so small). If you consider to change it, I suggest a Seasonic which for me and many others are the best. Also XFX/Silverstone/Be quiet are not bad. But check always the certification, you want minimum a 80+ bronze. Corsair is also ok but the vs series is bad, you also want to avoid the CXs with a green layer on the side.
Yup i already have a separate budget for the PSU. Been planning to buy a new one after i heard how bad the VS series was. Also been getting sick of the ketchup and mustard look. haha