[SOLVED] Upgrading from H110M - i7 compatibility needed

devi3

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2013
I have a Asus H110M-A/M.2 Intel motherboard which I tried to upgrade the CPU (G4560) with an i7 9700 and faced a computer that wouldnt turn on.

I am not smart it would seem and didnt realise the CPU wouldnt work with the motherboard I have.. What is the best motherboard to upgrade to? I want something similar size as I dont want to change the case or other components as well and just need a straight swap so I can use the CPU i just forked out for..

PC's main use will be gaming, dont need crazy high specs - anything middle of the pack is good

Appreciate any advice!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I have a Asus H110M-A/M.2 Intel motherboard which I tried to upgrade the CPU (G4560) with an i7 9700 and faced a computer that wouldnt turn on.

I am not smart it would seem and didnt realise the CPU wouldnt work with the motherboard I have.. What is the best motherboard to upgrade to? I want something similar size as I dont want to change the case or other components as well and just need a straight swap so I can use the CPU i just forked out for..

PC's main use will be gaming, dont need crazy high specs - anything middle of the pack is good

Appreciate any advice!

What case are you using? Your old motherboard is a micro-ATX motherboard, but that doesn't really tell us if your case requires a micro-ATX motherboard or whether your case can take a full ATX motherboard.