[SOLVED] Upgrading from HDD and SSD to NVMe M.2 and new SSD

Apr 16, 2020
Hello,

I am building a new computer and want to clone my drives over to my new system, and I am looking for some guidance.

Currently, I have a 128gb 2.5" SSD with my OS, and a 2TB HDD with games and other applications. The SSD has about 93gb used, and the HDD has about 290gb used.

For my new build, I have a 250gb NVMe and a 1TB 2.5" SSD. I want to have everything from my old 2.5" SSD on the M.2, and everything from my HDD to my new 2.5" SSD. (Also all of my drives are WD, don't know if that makes a difference)

My old motherboard doesn't have a slot for the M.2, and I don't really know what the best way to go about this process is. I was thinking of cloning both my old drives onto my new SSD in my old computer, and then clone the OS onto the M.2 in my new computer, but don't know where to start or if there is a simpler way.

Thanks!

Solution
D
It’s best just to reinstall the operating system clean on the new Drive and then install your programs that you need on the others
D

Deleted member 14196

It’s best just to reinstall the operating system clean on the new Drive and then install your programs that you need on the others

Solution

Latest posts