[SOLVED] Upgrading from i7-7700

Jun 26, 2020
I'm going to be upgrading my PC so my sister can have my old parts. I will be upgrading everything. I currently have an intel i7-7700 and am wondering which CPU would be worth upgrading from this. I'm leaning towards AMD this time, but intel also works. I'm also not looking to spend over $500. Anything helps :)

Solution
I'm going to be using it for gaming/streaming.
If you want to go AMD you could use a New Ryzen 5 5600x but you'll have to search for one. They're out-of-stock in the US right now. If you can't find one the 3700x is still a good CPU and will double you core/thread count from the i7-7700. Either way, you'll need a new motherboard (B550 or X570) and memory. Ryzen uses fast memory (3600mhz.) and it's likely the memory you have now will be much slower in your Intel system.
I'm going to be upgrading my PC so my sister can have my old parts. I will be upgrading everything. I currently have an intel i7-7700 and am wondering which CPU would be worth upgrading from this. I'm leaning towards AMD this time, but intel also works. I'm also not looking to spend over $500. Anything helps :)
Upgrading everything? You did not provide enough information to give an answer. Start here:

Jun 26, 2020
Upgrading everything? You did not provide enough information to give an answer. Start here:
I'm picking the processor before I pick everything else so I don't know the other parts yet. I just need help picking a processor that performs better than the i7-7700 and would be a good buy in 2020 (and is $500 or less).

I'm going to be using it for gaming/streaming.
If you want to go AMD you could use a New Ryzen 5 5600x but you'll have to search for one. They're out-of-stock in the US right now. If you can't find one the 3700x is still a good CPU and will double you core/thread count from the i7-7700. Either way, you'll need a new motherboard (B550 or X570) and memory. Ryzen uses fast memory (3600mhz.) and it's likely the memory you have now will be much slower in your Intel system.

Solution
Jun 26, 2020
thank you so much :)

TRENDING THREADS