AMutedScream

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Been searching the interwebs for an answer to this, so I'll pose my question to the forum.

I've been running Intel Smart Response on my Gigabyte z68 mobo for a few months now (30gb OCZ Nocti + 500gb HDD). Been pretty happy with it, but I was recently given a gift card to newegg, and the only thing that I'd like to buy but don't already have is a full on SSD. Looking at the 128gb Crucial M4.

My question is this... Would buying a SSD as an OS drive be a worthwhile upgrade to my existing SRT setup? And by worthwhile I mean a quantifiable increase in performance/usability. Or would I barely notice a difference? I'm not a huge power user, but I do swap between a few different games, as well as some light encoding/editing work.

Thanks for any response!

Solution
Yes, it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

The general consensus is purchase the largest capacity ssd you can afford. Performance is superior to most caching schemes.

The Crucial m4 128GB ssd is a good choice. It is popular with gamers and enthusiasts.
Yes, it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

The general consensus is purchase the largest capacity ssd you can afford. Performance is superior to most caching schemes.

The Crucial m4 128GB ssd is a good choice. It is popular with gamers and enthusiasts.

Solution