[SOLVED] Upgrading GPU... but...

Jul 6, 2019
i wanna buy the new rtx 2070 super but i have a almost 5 year old pc that was pretty expensive at the time and still gives me 60+ fps in most games but im afraid of bottleneck... i got a i7-4790 . what cpu should i upgrade to?

Solution
you can't upgrade that CPU without upgrading mobo and ram too. If however you are getting decent frame rates, then your CPU is capable of driving the GPU to give better image quality, or a higher resolution (which reason you have for wanting to ugrade your GPU.)
you can't upgrade that CPU without upgrading mobo and ram too. If however you are getting decent frame rates, then your CPU is capable of driving the GPU to give better image quality, or a higher resolution (which reason you have for wanting to ugrade your GPU.)

Solution
First of all you have to check your psu if it can handle an rtx 2070. But whats the resolution you play and hz? If you play at 1440p your current cpu will do fine. If you play at 1080p probably you will have bottlenecks but i dont see the reason anyway to buy 2070 for 1080p.