Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Hi, i have :
Mobo: gigabyte h97 gaming3
Cpu: i5 4460
Ram: 16gb ddr3 hyperx fury
Gpu: sapphire r9 270
Psu: vs 650
I'm planning to upgrade gpu for best latest game. I'm planning to crossfire my gpu with powercolor r9 270 or upgrade to gigabyte rx580 gaming, sapphire rx580 nitro+ and gigabyte gtx1060 wf2. Which is better?

Thanks

Solution
Always generally better to upgrade to a single newer card than try to do Crossfire or SLI with older ones. I would go with the Rx580. You also don't get 2x more performance with double the cards, it's more like between 60-70%. Then there is higher power usage as well.

jr9

Estimable
Always generally better to upgrade to a single newer card than try to do Crossfire or SLI with older ones. I would go with the Rx580. You also don't get 2x more performance with double the cards, it's more like between 60-70%. Then there is higher power usage as well.

Solution

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
You can only Crossfire two AMD cards that are the same, what you are thinking is the DX12 multi CPU support which only works with games running DX12 and support it. Dx12 games are a short list this will do nothing for you in DX11 titles which is a large majority of current gen games. Crossfire or Multi GPU support on a i5 4460 is going to give you a mixed bag in terms of gaming FPS gains since titles that would make use of setups like this will tax that CPU very fast.

TRENDING THREADS