Question Upgrading GPU for now and future i7 2600k tho :(

specwolf82

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
I cant wait any longer, i've been using a radeon 6950 for to long and cant compete at a high level in the games I play anymore.. My GPU and monitor ( 1080p LCD TV :p ) is holding me back
NEXT WEEK, im going to get a new GPU and new Monitor.....either the 1660, 1070, or RTX 2060.. I will also be getting a 1080p 144hz monitor
NOW... I have a stock i7 2600k (afraid to overclock, know nothing about it)... I know I will experience some bottleneck but will it be that bad? and which card should I go with... Keep in mind NEXT YEAR I will be upgrading my MOBO, CPU and Ram together
Specs:

CPU: I7 2600K
RAM: CORSAIR 8MB RAM (ddr3)
PSU: ANTEX 650W

Lutfij

Titan
Exact model for your Antec PSU? How old is it? If you intend to upgrade your platform soon after the GPU, then pick up the most powerful(and concurrent) GPU your wallet will allow. I'd be wary of the age and the model of your PSU since it might ruin your entire experience.

+ List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I am currently using i7-2600k, 2x8GB ram, RTX 2060 with a 1080p @72hz monitor

Runs like a charm. No slowdowns in games. So I can assure you, that its more than enough for most games. Before the 2060 I had a 1070 inside and that was still fantastic.
OC'd from Bios to 4.3Ghz

specwolf82

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
Exact model for your Antec PSU? How old is it? If you intend to upgrade your platform soon after the GPU, then pick up the most powerful(and concurrent) GPU your wallet will allow. I'd be wary of the age and the model of your PSU since it might ruin your entire experience.

+ List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

this is my exact PSU, I was told it was a really good PSU https://www.amazon.com/Antec-Current-HCG-620M-BRONZE-Modular/dp/B006TVQTFE
GPU:I7 2600K
MB: gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
RAM- 8 gig ddr3 532.1MHZ

I would like to learn to overclock.. but i dont want o break anything... I just wish I had an easy step by step guide to follow... Ive never messed with my bios before and really have no idea which "F" key to hit to bring it up