Question Upgrading GPU no signal

Jun 15, 2020
Hello all,

So I will split this up into 2 threads as they are different issues, but affecting the end result.

Rig
Windows 10 home
Hp 580
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Gtx 1050 ( old card ) but currently what im having to use
Odense2-K
16 gig ram
500 W Psu

Im trying to upgrade to 1660 Ti, when i swap the cards, i get no display. there is power to the card.

Steps

Bios flashed
Gpu drivers installed that accommodate the 1660 Ti from nvidea
Tested on other machine, card working fine.
Currently working with the 1050.
Safe boot has been disabled

Problem.

Tried to use onboard graphics to see if the new gpu is being picked up by my system, but im getting no signal
Checked bios there are no settings for multi monitor so im assuming i cant do that anyway.
Still trying to get my onboard graphics to work, i have updated all drivers for my machine,
In bios i have enabled integrated graphics, when i do this it still does not work. if i change the primary away from pcie it does not work,
but also does not let me see BIOS when the GPU is installed as its trying to send the information through the hdmi port on my mobo.

Tried with out the GPU installed and only no signal the whole time.

I have removed the GPU and changed away from PCIE as primary and nothing.

I removed the GPU and cleared cmos, no change.
I have disabled nvidea within device manager restarted and no change apart from everything stopped working ( fix was to change back to PCIE as primary and it loaded with it being disabled)

Now to say this is driving me insane is the least of it, this is the most irritating problem i have had with a computer since i started working in IT.

Back ground on me desktop engineer 4 years. infrastructure engineer 5 years current, so dont be worried about giving me technical information or tasks.

I have run through the following as not being the problem

Pcie slot - Working
Psu - Working
New GPU - working
Bios - Flashed to latest so working
Drivers - all update and accommodate the new card

Any ideas would be awesome, 100% tried other stuff that have not come to my head atm, but been going at this for 9 hours.

Jun 14, 2020
My sugestion is go to nvidia support forum and one of the advisors from there will help you with this issue by offering a specific driver and a specific ddu (I think....at least that's what they did with me)