Question Upgrading GPU

What is the exact model of your power supply? Knowing the rest of your hardware specs would be helpful as well.

In short, yes, you "can" upgrade from one to the other, but knowing the other information would be necessary in order to determine if you "should" do that or not, and whether or not you'll be likely to have power issues.

SpyroBot

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
What is the exact model of your power supply? Knowing the rest of your hardware specs would be helpful as well.

In short, yes, you "can" upgrade from one to the other, but knowing the other information would be necessary in order to determine if you "should" do that or not, and whether or not you'll be likely to have power issues.
It is an external PSU, as my PC is a mini case, so I am not 100% sure what it is. If you know how to check, let me know.
My processor is an i5-7400 and my RAM is 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, MBO is (I believe) a custom one made for this computer (MS-B9061).

Unfortunately, if that system uses an external power brick, you are probably limited to whatever they have to offer in terms of a replacement unit. Possibly there are aftermarket versions which are universal, but I'm not going to recommend one of them as it's usually a bad idea to use an unknown factor (And I don't know about any of those external universal units) plus I'm not aware of whether or not the system you have has an option to come with that GTX 1060 or not so I don't know if MSI offers a higher power external power brick for use with one.

Can you post a picture of the specifications decal on the power brick itself, and a picture of how the external power supply plugs into the system?

As I thought, that looks to be a proprietary design. You will almost certainly either be stuck with the power supply you have or limited to getting one from MSI that uses the same connector type, which is not an obviously standard design from what I can tell.

It also looks like that's likely only about a 140w unit, which is absolutely not likely to be enough for a GTX 1060 that needs about 130w more than your 1050 TI. I'd contact MSI to find out if they offer a higher capacity model that is suitable for use with your system. Otherwise, unless somebody else knows better and has an inside scoop on that particular unit, I think you are probably stuck with what you have.