[SOLVED] Upgrading gpu

Nov 19, 2019
SkyTech Pilot ST-FX4300-12G1TB-GT610 Gaming Computer (AMD FX-4300 3.8 GHz Quad Core, 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive, 12GB DDR3, GT 610 1GB Graphic Card, Windows 10 Pro 64-bits)
this are the specs for my pc. I need to upgrade my gpu. Any suggestions would be great.

Solution
I found this.
I assume this is what you have.
https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-ST-F...01CLZSAMG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

As far as the power supply....I don't know what you have.
I'm assuming it has an extra 35 watts to spare.

As far as all the different options....for instance....many manufacturers make a GTX 1050. They all perform pretty close. The main differences are some have more fans.....some are overclocked etc....but really.....they all probably perform within 10% or so of each other.

Basically, when I buy a GPU, I go for a brand I have had good luck with.
I have had good luck with ASUS and NVidia cards.
Nov 19, 2019
I think a GTX 1050 would work nice in that system and CPU.
It only draws power from the PCIe slot so you don't need any special PSU plugs.....and it only draws about 35 watts more than your 610.....so I'm thinking your PSU should be able to handle it.

Can you send a link for it? I look on Amazon and there are so many options. 1050 ti 4g or 1050 oc 2g? Duel fan? Single fan? Tried reading the reviews. Not to helpful. Some were but just not sure which one. Can you tell me what power supply i have? Like how many watts?

I found this.
https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-ST-F...01CLZSAMG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

As far as all the different options....for instance....many manufacturers make a GTX 1050. They all perform pretty close. The main differences are some have more fans.....some are overclocked etc....but really.....they all probably perform within 10% or so of each other.

Solution
Nov 19, 2019
I found this.

Thank you so much for the help. So basically it just comes down to price? What i really want to upgrade my gpu for is to play Subnautica. It's almost unplayable with the frame rate i'm getting. Would this gtx 1050 make it run better? I guessing it would but just covering all my bases before buying. Ive always just bought computers as a whole never individual parts.

Nov 19, 2019
Ive done some searching and pricing. I looked at a 1650. Which that say is faster and replaced the 1050. It's around the same price. Is that a better option? Im worried about power usage then though. I can't find how many watts my power supply is. So i really don't know how much i have to play with.

Also they say a rx 570 is better and faster then a 1650 and around the same price. Is that a even better option but again worried about power. All option run power from the motherboard just worried i won't have enough.

Ive done some searching and pricing. I looked at a 1650. Which that say is faster and replaced the 1050. It's around the same price. Is that a better option? Im worried about power usage then though. I can't find how many watts my power supply is. So i really don't know how much i have to play with.

Also they say a rx 570 is better and faster then a 1650 and around the same price. Is that a even better option but again worried about power. All option run power from the motherboard just worried i won't have enough.
I think the problem with both of those is that they are too fast for the FX-4300.
I think the fastest you want to go with....with that CPU....is the 1050 or 1050 Ti.
....any higher than that.....and your CPU is going to max out a lot and you aren't going to get the bang for the buck from the GPU.