[SOLVED] Upgrading GPU

Apr 1, 2020
I have a acer predator AG3-605-UR1D desktop and I am planning on upgrading the graphics card to a NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER. I also got a corsair CX750 power supply as the one in it right now will not be enough to handle the new graphics card. I am pretty sure that I will have to order a 24 pin to 12 pin adapter so the PSU will connect to the mother board.

I am just wondering if there is any other problem that I will run into before I start the build. The components in my computer currently are:
Intel Core i7-4770
NVIDIA GTX 760
300w power supply
12GB DDR3 RAM
2TB hard drive
Windows 10

Also is there anywhere that sells the 24 pin to 12 pin adapter in stores so I don't have to wait for it to ship to me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Ok, just wanted to make sure. That's a solid PSU - the green/black label, not so much.

Saying that, the CX750 is a bit overkill for the setup, and you'd be equally well served with a quality 450-550W PSU. Might save you a bit of money, if you can still return the CX750?

Depending on your specific location, I see the CX750 going for ~$95 these days.
There are CX450-550's available for <$70 and, at ~$95, a SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 550W would be a better quality unit all-round.

Regardless, the CX750 is fine for your needs (with the adapter), just overkill.
Apr 1, 2020

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Ok, just wanted to make sure. That's a solid PSU - the green/black label, not so much.

Saying that, the CX750 is a bit overkill for the setup, and you'd be equally well served with a quality 450-550W PSU. Might save you a bit of money, if you can still return the CX750?

Depending on your specific location, I see the CX750 going for ~$95 these days.
There are CX450-550's available for <$70 and, at ~$95, a SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 550W would be a better quality unit all-round.

Regardless, the CX750 is fine for your needs (with the adapter), just overkill.

Solution
Apr 1, 2020
I have installed a new PSU and the RTX 2060 SUPER GPU on my computer and it fit good just a longer than the original GPU. Everything works well I think I just need to get an exhaust fan on the back of the computer to blow out some of the hot air. My GPU temp under load gets up to 80 and sometimes even 85 degrees and the CPU and motherboard are getting hotter as well with temps in the same range under load as the GPU. Will an exhaust fan fix my problem with the higher temps under load?
Also, I had to remove the plastic guard/support that was right next to my old GPU. Is it a problem that it is not on the new GPU?

Apr 1, 2020
I have a question regarding my new GPU that I installed. It is a 2060 RTX super and I know that my monitor is only rated for 60hz but the graphic quality still doesn't look as good as I thought it would. Is there any settings or anything that I can look at to change to see if I can increase my graphics. I downloaded the updated software for the new graphics card so it shouldn't be the software.