Question Upgrading Graphic card to RTX 3000 series , share / tell your story , if you was waiting to ,- *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2022
hey , -
so just being wondering for a while now , curios - without major need it or HAVE to change it .,
but it might be an idea soon to change it regardless ..

so just wondering , since most RTX cards the last 2-3 years has being scalped , set to insane over priced price while being not in stock and so on ..
but should i see any of these " see below " on a giving appropriate price, then i could buy it ..

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/TombStone666/saved/bbVdnQ -- my current system
cpu cooler is due to a change for a Be Quite ! dark rock pro 4

my Current graphic card -
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME
bought hm, 3-4 years ago i think , for around 1143 USD ..
good enough price for what you get i would say
plus its still going vary strong ,though i have my paranoids , hint why i current looking around ..

my option for what i remember to be rather good compared to my current one plus GB on it and how it works with my current setup ...
-----

ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG Strix Gaming 2xHDMI 3xDP 10GB -

ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 2xHDMI 3xDP 10GB -

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Aorus Xtreme 2xHDMI 3xDP 10GB -

Gigabyte Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Aorus Master 2xHDMI 3xDP 10GB -

all of them to around 1.296 USD . with an arrow upwards
anything past the 1.524 US mark , seams a bit to much for my taste and what you get
when you just 1 person home gaming and not a hole studio or hard core designer

so, thoughts / suggestion ,- to do / buy .. maybe wait ?
if you in the same boat as me, or have finally got over it and bought a card , -

- random info ,-
mainly for gaming , 1440p - everything maxed out -

never overclocked anything or bend them beyond what they should ,-

i know there is somewhat alot of these kind of threads around " oh what card should i buy " kinda thing,.

the problem is not much of what card i should buy, but more , the overall
hm... wait to be able to buy one , if its really worth it .. what have you bought in this scenario , what did you do " if you like me " .. .. - more like that if it makes sens
since , among the cards i looking at , i know what i want .... just nothing in stock ever for over 2-3 years .... its nuts

oh ,. in Denmark -
i could order from uk i suppose but yeah .-
---
and yes, i am not a book writer with perfect grammar * excuse that -
but my English in writing and speaking is perfectly fine , its a matter of how i see things " dont ask " -

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Most people would say to keep it I imagine. 1080Ti sell for around $500 US or more. So you can factor that into your total cost.

I had my GTX 1080 for 5 years, since launch. It was still mostly adequate for what I was doing. But a 3080Ti at retail MSRP (and I haven't seen one that low since) was worth it to me for the next 5 years (I hope) And there are certainly games out there that even this card struggles with at maxed out settings at 1440p

11GB is a good amount of VRAM for the moment though. Again there are games that push that VRAM requirement up into that range. And it can only get worse in the future. We might see one more generation of 16GB flagship cards and then they will almost certainly jump to more as standard. But there will be mid-range 12GB cards for a long while yet, so I don't think there is a lot to worry about there.

If you can get a card at a retail price it is worth it if you are doing 1440p high refresh. Paying scalper prices, no.

Jan 20, 2022
Most people would say to keep it I imagine. 1080Ti sell for around $500 US or more. So you can factor that into your total cost.

I had my GTX 1080 for 5 years, since launch. It was still mostly adequate for what I was doing. But a 3080Ti at retail MSRP (and I haven't seen one that low since) was worth it to me for the next 5 years (I hope) And there are certainly games out there that even this card struggles with at maxed out settings at 1440p

11GB is a good amount of VRAM for the moment though. Again there are games that push that VRAM requirement up into that range. And it can only get worse in the future. We might see one more generation of 16GB flagship cards and then they will almost certainly jump to more as standard. But there will be mid-range 12GB cards for a long while yet, so I don't think there is a lot to worry about there.

If you can get a card at a retail price it is worth it if you are doing 1440p high refresh. Paying scalper prices, no.
ah okay, as i thought then , -
thanks for telling ,
and yeah makes most sens that only buy for decent price and not a clearly over priced sclaped one .-

with Vram , i like the 10-12 gb , gives a lot of room to do things overall ..but yeah i can see it get higher with some games later on ..but there is a fine line between paying decent price for really good card with 10-12 gb and over priced card with 12-16 Gb when its not really needed yet -
24 gb , should not be in questing yet i think , unless you got to much money to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.