[SOLVED] Upgrading graphics card toNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

Louis_40

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
SO my build is relatively new and I'm upgrading my graphics card from an Asus gt 1030 to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER I'm running two moniters one dvi and one hdmi as soon as I installed the new graphics card I start to get screen flashes(the screen turns black and then comes back on briefly before turning black again) and red and green pixels appear randomly on the screen I got the card from Ebay so I can't really return it Im really just hoping I didn't just flush money on a bad graphics card my build is currently
gigabyte A520m ds3h motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
970 evo ssd
two sticks of Ballistick 16
600 W power supply
nzxt h510 case
I tried (painstakingly mind you) reinstalling the driver for the card which didn't work. I read somewhere that flashing my BIOS might help but to do that I would need to take out my cpu (I think) would this really help or is there something else I should be doing?

Solution
I tried (painstakingly mind you) reinstalling the driver for the card which didn't work. I read somewhere that flashing my BIOS might help but to do that I would need to take out my cpu (I think)
when upgrading it's sometimes better to completely remove all graphics related files, settings, drivers, etc.
using DDU in safe mode will accomplish this much better than the Nvidia\Windows uninstaller.
you can then load the latest package from Nvidia.

flashing the BIOS of the GPU has nothing to do with the CPU.
you would be downloading a GPU BIOS that someone has shared and loading it onto the GPU via software.
sometimes this can prove to be a benefit but i see many more instances that lead to a bricked card or other performance issues...
I tried (painstakingly mind you) reinstalling the driver for the card which didn't work. I read somewhere that flashing my BIOS might help but to do that I would need to take out my cpu (I think)
when upgrading it's sometimes better to completely remove all graphics related files, settings, drivers, etc.
using DDU in safe mode will accomplish this much better than the Nvidia\Windows uninstaller.
you can then load the latest package from Nvidia.

flashing the BIOS of the GPU has nothing to do with the CPU.
you would be downloading a GPU BIOS that someone has shared and loading it onto the GPU via software.
sometimes this can prove to be a benefit but i see many more instances that lead to a bricked card or other performance issues.
got the card from Ebay so I can't really return it Im really just hoping I didn't just flush money on a bad graphics card
more than likely the reason they were unloading it is the problems you are seeing.

try to make contact and see if they want to offer any support. maybe they have a stash of cards and would be willing to substitute one?
if not, definitely give them a review that will hopefully deter others from buying their junk hardware.

Solution