upgrading graphics card

Polaris 22

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
In the process of starting my own build and things are beginning to take shape as follows:

Amd a8 6600k quad core processor

Giga fma55m hd2 motherboard

With integrated 8750d and graphics

1tb seagate sshd

750 watt psu

Hyper beast 8gb ram

IHas cd drive

Was looking into getting a
Monitor / tv for this setup and I'm tore up on choices between a full hd led monitor or to just get a tv? Anything from 24 to 32" Any ideas ??

The next issue is upgrading to dedicated graphics or dual graphics for a better gaming experience which also brings a monitor/tv to suit, any advice on additional cards that anyone has used or upgraded to with this system?

This is a first build for me and new to the pc gaming world coming previously from Xbox

Thanks Chris

brik94

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
Why get a APU? A FX 6300 + r9 280 Graphics card would bring much better performance. Also 750watts is probably a bit overkill. You could save money and go with a 600watt. Ofcourse unless you already had all the parts listed?

If so what's your budget? A 270X or a 280 would be amazing for you. I recently used a 24inch tv, it was only 720p. However as I gamed on it I was constantly sitting right infront of it and this led to A LOT of strain on my eyes. While it will save you money using your tv as your monitor it will affect your eyes. I recently bought a 24' inch 1080P ASUS monitor and I absolutely love it. It's enough for my gaming needs. for now.

Polaris 22

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
The list of parts I have listed has been obtained, the reason for the apu was the price that it was and came with in the bundle.... Motherboard, apu e.t.c just made sense for a starter pc but then looked into going dedicated graphics

750 watt again was it came at a good price I got for 22 pound and will satisfy anything I could ever throw at it

And again Ive been looking for 2 weeks and came across an Msi r9 270x hawk which I bought for a good price which could be cross fired with my integrated gpu

I've been looking a lot at Asus monitors and i would like to keep it between 100-200 but I was looking at the vg248qe which I could stretch to if there was any point

Full hd, 1920x1080 led 22-24
Inch and 144hz HDMI inputs is what I've been searching but then this 60hz or 144hz question arises, so realistically speaking why buy a 60hz monitor when I could buy a 60hz tv (game mode)

TRENDING THREADS