[SOLVED] Upgrading Graphics Card ?

Feb 11, 2022
I was wondering what graphics card I could upgrade to on my pc, I have around $500 to play with, a little more, a little less. Spec's are as follows:

Current graphics is iGPU: Intel Graphics HD 530

RAM16 GB DDR4
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home
CPU ModelIntel Core i5-6500
BrandPeriphio
CPU ManufacturerIntel
Hard Disk DescriptionSSD
RAM Memory Maximum Size16 GB
Power Supply
Mother Board
GP-550 80+Bronze
HP 8054

Last edited:
Solution
I will add some caveats...
If you do look into buying one of those, make sure to check that they require only 1 x 8 pin power lead as some MAY require 2 x 8 pin if they are overclock supped up versions. Get some more advise first and dont just take my word for it.
Feb 11, 2022
This might depend on you PSU, does it have the GPU power leads and what is the rated 12v AMPs ? What is the Make/model of the PSU ?
Also, what case do you have, will it be big enough to fit a GPU in ?

What games do you want to play and what is your expectation of performance ?
It's a gamemax. And yes it has the power leads and extras for other graphics card that require others. 15AMPs aswell.

Looking at the spec sheet its 19A on each 12v rail so 19 x 12= 228Watts. I think the best you could do without upgrading your PSU to something better that has a single 12volt rail is an nvidia RTX 3050 at 130watts or a AMD Radeon RX6600 at 140watts.
Both GPUs only require a single 8 pin power connector.
I would be more confident in my assessment of this if others chipped in on this in the comments.

Reactions: Oblivious972
Feb 11, 2022
I will add some caveats...
If you do look into buying one of those, make sure to check that they require only 1 x 8 pin power lead as some MAY require 2 x 8 pin if they are overclock supped up versions. Get some more advise first and dont just take my word for it.
Will do brother, I have x2 8pin connectors, but will look into it just to be sure. Appreciate your help.