[SOLVED] Upgrading Hd5770

Jun 4, 2020
hello there.
I know this has been covered several times now, but I need advise for my spec pc graphic card upgrade. I have a list of components for some one to look at but cannot get it to post in here. Any advise on how to do this.
I woukd like to stay with the same manufacture thats already installed as its never been a problem in the last 10 years. Its served me well, never broke down , just do a fresh os install every year and its fine.
Obversously I would be looking to replace it with a good secondhand card.pk , I've got some specs now.
Windows 7
AMD Phenom I I X4 965 processor 3.4ghz
Hyper X Fury 8gb ram
64 bit of
600w psu
Screen resalution at moment 1920 x 1080 system reccomended.
Any thing else you would need to know ?

Last edited:
Solution
As far as I know the PSU is a cyberpowerPC 600w quiet power supply. Never had any problems with it. System still runs as good as the day bought.

That's insufficient information for a recommendation. Need things like the +12V specs. Pre-included PSUs from this source are not known as safe; you'd only know if it was dangerous by using a proper load tester, not just seeing if anything died.

Diddly

Distinguished
Any modern graphics card should work, even at PCIe gen 2 x16 it will work perfectly fine. If you're looking for 2nd hand look for a GTX780 - by no means recent but still way better than the HD5770 and they're pretty cheap on ebay!!! You should consider updating you whole PC, the 125W 965 is pretty poor performing CPU by 2020 standards (e.g try comparing it to an AMD ryzen 3700x @65W). But that's a different thread. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020
Thanks for the reply, I know my pc is getting on, but she's dtill runs fine for what I need. I have been informed that the AMD hd 7870 would be a great improvement over my 5770. Will it make much difference to the amd bring a 2g over the g5x780.

Jun 4, 2020
As far as I know the PSU is a cyberpowerPC 600w quiet power supply. Never had any problems with it. System still runs as good as the day bought.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

That's insufficient information for a recommendation. Need things like the +12V specs. Pre-included PSUs from this source are not known as safe; you'd only know if it was dangerous by using a proper load tester, not just seeing if anything died.

Solution