Question Upgrading liquid cooling radiator fans but screws arent long enough please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Im upgrading from 120mm Uphere rgb radiator fans to Corsair LL 120mm rgb fans but i have a system monitor display that attaches to the fans with a bracket and they fit on the uphere fans but the screws are not long enough to fit with the corsair ll fans. What would be a solution to getting longer screws or something?

This is the screen
Barrowch External Expansion Display Screen With 8.8 Inches 1920*480px Multifunction Synchronous Monitoring Interface FBEHD-01

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
The solution to needing longer screws is to obtain and use longer screws.

Does the new fan come with its own screws?
yes it came with screws but only the short ones. Im using the screws from my old fans but the corsair fans plastic frame must be a little thicker so the screws do not reach the threads on the radiator to even catch. They just will not catch on the front holes on the fans due to the bracket im trying to screw down with it to hold the sensor panel screen in place. It fit fine with the uphere fans but the new corsair will not go in with that screen because the screws are to short to catch the threading on the radiator to tighten everything down. i seen some long special screws for anti vibration that might work but i have never used these before and just want to make sure it will work in my situation. the screws i have work just fine if i remove the screen.

ToToT 16PCS Black Rubber PC CPU/Case Fan Mounting Screws Vibration Reducing Anti Noise Screws Fan Rivet XDX-7145
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...e&pd_rd_w=401y4&pd_rd_wg=5bzJN&ref_=pd_gw_unk

so if anyone could let me know if these would work in my situation or if you have another solution id really appreciate the help.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Are these screws going through the rad into the fan?
Or through the fan into the rad?

The screws go through a thing bracket connected to the back of the small hardware sensor monitor screen then through the fan screwing into the threads inside the radiator. My old fans mounted no problem but with the new corsair fans the screws do not reach the threads in the radiator and wont catch at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS