[SOLVED] Upgrading Memory on my MSI Z390-A Pro

Sam_Ares

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
I'll get straight to the point, the "Channel Supported" is listed as Dual on my Z390-A Pro, and I already have two 8GB sticks and I wants to buy two more for a total of 4 and run them all, does this mean that it's not supported or what, I am not that familiar with motherboard specs, thanks.

I'll get straight to the point, the "Channel Supported" is listed as Dual on my Z390-A Pro, and I already have two 8GB sticks and I wants to buy two more for a total of 4 and run them all, does this mean that it's not supported or what, I am not that familiar with motherboard specs, thanks.
Dual just means you need two matching sticks for 2 slots. Preferably you want to buy memory in a kit, so if you want 32GB you should buy a 32GB kit. Another 2 8GB could work but may not support full speeds and/or timings.

Sam_Ares

Prominent
Nov 2, 2019
Dual just means you need two matching sticks for 2 slots. Preferably you want to buy memory in a kit, so if you want 32GB you should buy a 32GB kit. Another 2 8GB could work but may not support full speeds and/or timings.
Even it's the exact same 2 sticks as I already have?