Question Upgrading Memory Question

Jun 17, 2020
Hey,

Gaming PC noob here with some basic knowledge. I want to upgrade my RAM to 32GB. I'm running two 8GB sticks right now for 16GB total (obviously). I'm looking to get two 16GB sticks. I want to put the G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 Dual Channel Memory into my PC. Is there anything that I would need to look out for in regards to if my PC is "compatible" or able to take this RAM? Do I just remove the two memory sticks and click these new ones into place in the same slots? I am posting a screenshot from my Speccy down below in case it is helpful/needed. Thanks!
unknown.png

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
You will need to make sure that your choice of memory sticks have passed QVL by your motherboard manufacturer. BTW.. It will make it easier for other members of the forum to help you if you list the make and model of your motherboard, CPU, etc.

Jun 17, 2020
You will need to make sure that your choice of memory sticks have passed QVL by your motherboard manufacturer. BTW.. It will make it easier for other members of the forum to help you if you list the make and model of your motherboard, CPU, etc.

My Motherboard is the MSI Z170A PC MATE (MS-7971) (U3E1) and my CPU is the Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz. Is that what you mean? How would I find out if desired memory sticks have passed "QVL" by my motherboard manufacturer?