[SOLVED] Upgrading most of my Rig, restore/clone ??s

Nov 15, 2019
Evening Gents.

I am upgrading my motherboard, adding a new NVME SSD m2, going to keep my smaller existing m2 SSD as secondary
will be upgrading my memory, CPU, and GPU. My question is what is the best procedure for me
to follow, to re-install windows 10 on my new NVME SSD, and then back it up with all of my files.

I currently run a ASUS ROG Strix x370-f Gaming MOBO

16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 MHZ 2x8gb sticks
PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair CX750M
500GB western digital blue M2 SSD
WD 1TB HDD
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2ghz

I am upgrading to :

Asus x570 Crosshair hero 3 wifi
Nvidia Geforce 2080ti founders edition
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200 c16 AMD optimized 2x16gb
Samsung V-Nand 970 Pro 1TB NVMe m2 SSD
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core 3.8GHZ CPU

I just verified my windows in windows 10 activation database, and I did a backup to the HDD

I do not have the windows 10 USB that I initially installed from. Should I clone, make an Image,
create and ISO file etc? Excuse my ignorance, I have searched and searched and haven't found my
exact situation.

Please let me know what the best way to proceed is, and which programs you recommend as well.

Thank you

Steve
CPL USMC

Solution
You should do a whole new install on the new drive in the new system.

Create your own Win 10 USB here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then:

USAFRet

Titan
You should do a whole new install on the new drive in the new system.

Create your own Win 10 USB here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then:

Solution
Nov 15, 2019
Copy, Just read through all that, got the making a bootable USB down, how would I save every file and game, setting, driver etc that I have now, and then apply that to the new SSD? My issue now is I cannot plug my new NVMe SSD in my current MOBO as it does not support it.

I am trying not to have to reinstall 350GB of games and files/work. I download the Acronis True Image software. Should I make a clone of my current SDD, and save it on the HDD I am using as a secondary now?

Nov 15, 2019
I guess, I answered my own question since Im upgrading processor, GPU, memory, MOBO and SSD I can't use a clone as the drivers ETC will all be different and probably not work. So fresh install and just suck it up and re-install all my games etc.

Sep 14, 2019
I just built a system on the Asus x570-e gaming. Created a USB Windows key and used the CD key of the purchased Windows 10 Home copy. It works well, but compared to older versions of Windows the USB puts a lot of focus on the MS Shop. Hell, even the NVIDIA Driver is installed through the shop and the user account is made trhough the MS Account. All can be disabled, but I was used to insert disk, install and go! These times are over. Just be careful...

Also make sure that you prevent Armoury Crate from autoinstalling in the UEFI Bios..it gave me a hello lot of trouble with AURA Sync...